Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
We spent time with one of my best friends, Jaylene and her children. We decorated cookies, made pizza and watched some Christmas movies.
Then we did some shopping for Thanksgiving and hung out with my parents.
Thanksgiving morning, we watched the parade, prepped the turkey, watched some football, prepped the sides then had a nice dinner with just my mom, stepdad, Steve and I. Afterwards we went for dessert at my aunt and uncle’s house.
Friday morning my mom and I went to the gym. Then we went downtown to watch the holiday parade, fireworks and Christmas lights being turned out. Coeur d’ Alene is a small resort town but they sure know how to put on a Christmas light show!
The end of the holiday weekend also meant the end of my 21 Day Fix Extreme. Day 21 was on Sunday November 29th. You can see my daily recaps HERE. I was pretty good in the beginning with documenting my meals and using the containers to portion control. I did ease up quite a bit the week of Thanksgiving while visiting my parents. I still made sure to watch my food intake but sugar eating went up (a lot) and I also allowed my self to enjoy some peppermint creamer in my coffee each morning.
I went back through my daily recaps and made a list of the pros and cons from my first round of the 21 Day Fix Extreme
- quick 30 minute workouts
- easy to understand containers for portion control
- loved the Shakeology meal replacement shakes
- I need to plan the meals better to make sure I don’t get hungry (snacky) at night from not eating enough during the day
- I need to get the workouts in. I will admit, I completely underestimated these videos. I was SORE the next day which means I was using muscles that I don’t normally use
- I need to plan more for interruptions, AKA holidays or travel that can throw off the clean eating workouts